Sunday, December 28, 2008

always before, the spring returned

Hi everyone.

This is about three weeks later than I intended to post again. Sorry about that.

December's been a tough month. In fact, pretty much the only redeeming part of the whole month was that I met new friends, which was a help in dealing with it. I'm sorry if you're reading this and think I should have found something else redeeming as well. You're right, I know. I did visit home. I did see old friends. It was the first Christmas in four years that my whole family was together. Those were all good things; I'm not trying to say that they weren't. I will say, though, that they could have been better. I'm sorry, but trying to catch up with ten to fifteen people in the space of a couple hours just doesn't work. I'm very glad I was there to see all those people, but I thrive on quality time - the kind that you can only have when you're with three other people, maximum, less being better. For the record, the week of Christmas is a terrible time to try scheduling that kind of quality time with close friends. I was fortunate it worked with anyone, and I wanted more.

Ok. I'm going to stop here, because I have a tendency to pick up too much momentum and ramble on. While I would usually ask your indulgence and assume that since you're reading my blog you don't mind a bit of rambling, I don't think that would be a good idea this time. My blog is not going to turn into an invitation to Ruthann's pity party. I really just wanted to post to prove I'm still here, and let you know that I'll try to update more frequently in the future. So, thanks for caring enough to read - or for being idly curious or bored enough to read :) - and farewell for now. I'll be back sooner rather than later.

No comments: