Wednesday, March 18, 2009

welcome to my secret lair

Wow, I haven't posted in a really long time. Sorry about that. I do want to post here more, and I've been thinking of a few things I could write about, but tonight isn't the time to get into all that. This post isn't much of a comeback, but I wanted an excuse to put this song, Skullcrusher Mountain, on here. :)

Today in an effort to distract myself with hilarity, I began listening to Death by Cliche, a podcast novel by Bob Defendi that I've been meaning to check out for several months. I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far, and I think some of you would, too. A bit of gaming experience goes a long way in appreciating the humor, since the story is about a man who finds himself somehow inside of someone's badly-written RPG. The other members of the party are actually playing at the gaming table with their dice and think he's an NPC (non-player character, for those of you who aren't geeks - that means the Game Master is controlling the character). His presence there is somehow "waking up" the actual NPCs in the game, and the results as each of them begin to consider their motivations and situations in life for the first time are varied and quite funny.

My favorite character so far is the villain - of course. :)

Anyway, Skullcrusher Mountain is the song that plays in the ending credits of each episode, and as soon as I caught the lyrics I couldn't help laughing. I just wanted to share it with others. Some of you will likely find it more funny than others, but I hope you all enjoy it at least a little. :)

I'll try not to be gone so long in the future.

No comments: