Friday, October 10, 2008

It's late here. Later, for most of you. That's going to take awhile to get used to. No more midnight calls to someone who's still only at 9 pm. I've always found it harder to call in the other direction. You have to remember much earlier in the day, especially if you're not sure how late someone will be awake. I'm not ready for sleep yet here, but I suppose I'll go soon anyway.

Tomorrow's Saturday. On the vacation this still half feels like, that would mean heading downtown to the Burnside Bridge and browsing through the Saturday Market. This isn't vacation, though, and the last thing I need is the market when I don't have any income. I already went to Powell's City of Books the day after I got here, and despite my resolve that I would only spend money if I found a good deal I went ahead and bought a copy of Watchmen at its regular retail price. I don't really regret that - a good half-dozen people at least have been telling me to read it for awhile now - but I don't want to make a habit of stuff like that either. Right now it looks like things could start moving fairly quickly on the job front, but more on that when I have concrete details to share.

There's not really much to tell about yet. There hasn't been time for anything to happen. It's late here, but maybe I can write a bit more before going to sleep. There are some people who have been expecting a chapter from me for quite awhile now. Sorry, guys. The beginning is the hardest part - there's no changing that, no matter how many times I remind myself that I can revise it later. I think I've got it figured out now, though. And after this, it's just a matter of keeping up momentum.

No comments: