Sunday, November 2, 2008

NaNoWriMo

Dear Everyone,

In case you didn't know already, November is National Novel Writing Month - or, as it is fondly referred to, NaNoWriMo. Thousands of people all over the world are committing to write 50,000 words between November 1 and 30.

For the first time ever, I have decided to join the NaNoWriMo rush. I'm already working on a story that I don't want to put on hold, but I intend to write the next 50,000 words of that story before the month ends. I don't really have as much excuse not to try it as I did last year, when I was just getting started on my crazy and over-ambitious thesis.

So, my friends, it is up to YOU to nag me about my progress! This task will not be possible without massive amounts of encouragement from every corner! One of the great things about NaNoWriMo, though, as I have discovered, is that they have awesome forums on their website full of people helping each other out in their efforts to complete this very difficult challenge. It's nice to be so easily connected to thousands of people going through exactly the same thing as you.

By the way, it's not too late to sign up! Only two days have passed so far; if you're feeling ambitious, there's no reason why you can't jump in and get writing. I'll be happy to commiserate with anyone who finds themselves struggling to hit 50,000 words.

Good luck to all writers this month!

No comments: