Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"Obviously this is the place to come if you want to get murdered by lunatics."

I am incredibly tired and need to go to sleep almost immediately, but I have something very important to tell you all.

It is June.

That means that tomorrow (ummm... today, rather) The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan will finally be available at bookstores near everyone. I am a firm believer in supporting authors I particularly like, and while I haven't read any books by Sarah Rees Brennan in the past (that would be kind of difficult since this is actually her first published novel), I do read her LiveJournal constantly because on the rare occasions when it doesn't make me laugh out loud, it at least makes me smile a whole bunch. My eternal thanks to Poonam for directing me there however long ago that was. :)

Anyway. I'm too tired to say much more about the book at the moment, but I think I'll go buy it tomorrow. I've got time; I'm off work. I'll let you know how it turns out, shall I? I mean... I won't tell you how the book turns out; I'll just tell you how it is.

Like I said, tired.

I have high hopes for The Demon's Lexicon. I think it's going to be a very enjoyable read.

1 comment:

Poonam said...

I'm so jealous that you've already read it!

Also, we are completely even, since you directed me to Captain Joe. :)